Saturday, January 19, 2008

Eye Sore?




I have been working on this new (unfinished) drawing that is proving to be an EYE SORE. My aesthetic these days has turned garish, chaotic and electric and i'm not sure i'm down with it. Something about this aesthetic is challenging the core of me. It's pushing creative buttons that I didn't know I had.

This drawing started out with simple black and white squares (top right corner of macro view), but it quickly progressed/regressed to one colour, two colour, three colour, four colour, wavy lines, plus eyes! Ahhhh! I am frustrated and irritated! It's a challenge because as busy as this drawing already is, I want too keep adding elements to it, making it morE, moRE, mORE, MORE. The creative energy is exciting and I seem to have so much of it that I don't know where to place it. Do I let it flow or pull back and redirect?

Will I keep producing eye sores? Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails