Monday, November 12, 2007

New Drawing: Come As You Are (details)




The images above are details from a drawing I have just completed entitled "Come As You Are". For those familiar with sex shops in Toronto, the double entendre will be obvious. And yes, for me this drawing does speak about the acceptance and celebration of sexual expression, but it also speaks of the acceptance and celebration of ourselves during our short lifetime - our joys, pain, sadness and longing for material, emotional and, above all, spiritual satisfaction.

While I have only posted images from three drawing so far, I am working away on my sixth drawing which has begun with the death of my mother 24 years ago. Keep checking back to see where it ends as I will post images when it is complete.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails